Monday, June 14, 2010

Alfresco-Google Docs Integration

Steps For Google Docs Integration in Alfresco


this is integration in alfresco 3.3 version

step1: Goto tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\web-extension

rename share-config-custom.xml.sample to share-config-custom.xml

step2: open share-config-custom.xml file and false to true which is in bold.

<google-docs>
<!--
Enable/disable the Google Docs UI integration (Extra types on Create Content menu, Google Docs actions).
If enabled, remember to also make sure the gd:googleEditable aspect is made visible in the <aspects> section above.
-->
<enabled>true</enabled>

<!--
The mimetypes of documents Google Docs allows you to create via the Share interface.
The I18N label is created from the "type" attribute, e.g. google-docs.doc=Google Docs&trade; Document
-->
<creatable-types>
<creatable type="doc">application/msword</creatable>
<creatable type="xls">application/vnd.ms-excel</creatable>
<creatable type="ppt">application/vnd.ms-powerpoint</creatable>
</creatable-types>
</google-docs>



step3:

add aspect <aspect name="gd:googleEditable" />

step4:

Add this to your alfresco-global properties

# GoogleDocs configuration
googledocs.googleeditable.enabled=true
googledocs.username=yourname@youraddress.com
googledocs.password=yourgooglepassword

log4j.logger.org.alfresco.repo.googledocs=debug

step5: resart the tomcat server.

Here Added video tutorial from YouTube










8 comments:

  1. I've configured Alfresco 3.3g for Google Docs as you've outlined (i.e. change alfresco-global.properties and share-config-custom.xml.

    However, when I click the 'Checkout to Google Docs' the message 'Cannot checkout doc_name to Google Docs' appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have used this feature and it is very helpful. Earlier I have to attach the files that I wanted to share but this feature has made things easy. I am very impressed with the services that Google is providing, new features are being added from time to time.
    records management

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I tried the same steps as mentioned in the above article. I too get the following message while checkout the document 'You cannot check out doc_name to google docs'. I have used Liferay 6.0 and Alfresco 3.4 enterprise (Tomcat & My Sql bundle) along with .

    Any input on this?.

    Thanks
    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it by design that a second user who selects "View in Google Docs" has to request access or have I configured this wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to read about Google. This post and information is very unique for me. Thanks for sharing this.

    http://www.silkfabricdupioni.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Has anyone got the message "You cannot check out doc_name to google docs" ? did I do something wrong or what...?

    מחשבים ניידים

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work Buy Pinterest Followers

    ReplyDelete